Wouldn’t it be great if you are able to pluck fresh onions from within your living room every time you need it for food or for preparing a recipe? You could produce your endless supply of onions within your home and save all the time in the world (and money) to go get a packet every time from the market. In fact, there is no need to grow it in the garden. You could have all onion you want, growing in indoors. All that matters is the climate in your area.
Onions can be purchased from any supermarket. The interesting thing about them is that most people don’t know how they are grown. Depending on the climate in your region, you could grow onions round the year. Even if your climate doesn’t allow it, this idea can help you have your onion supply without having to worry.
Items Needed for your Indoor Onion Garden
You will need the following items to build your indoor onion garden:
- Few onion bulbs
- Plastic bottle of 5 liter
- 1 pair of scissors
- Saw off the plastic bottle’s neck.
- Take the scissors and make a few holes in the bottle to allow the onions to pass through.
- Position all the onion bulbs on the holes.
- Add soil into the boil and fill it up (make sure the bulbs are positioned against all the holes).
- Start watering the soil and place it at the windowsill (you may create more number of similar bottles to grow more onions).
You may also fix the neck back with a tape. After some time, onions will start growing out of the bulbs. Soon you will be able to use onions for use in various recipes.
Source: Healthy Food Advice